Eggs are found across the world and have been made a staple breakfast. Vegan eggs recipes are rare. There are many substitutes you can find in a cultured super market, but at the same time you will find soy and many unnecessary ingredients in these substitutes. I prefer wholesome ingredients and a real plant based diet. I keep processed foods to a minimum. I was able to recreate eggs vegan style thanks to my grandmother.
Below you can find a recipe to help you recreate vegan eggs from real wholesome plants.
1 Small Onion (preferably red)
1 Pepper (any color you prefer)
1 Teaspoon Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce ( optional )
1/2 Cup of Filtered Water
Handful Bunch of Cilantro
Garbanzo Flour (I use Bob's Mill)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Food Processor ( saves time)
1. Once all of your vegetables are clean chop up the onion and peppers in halves or even 1/4 cuts. Add them to food process along with the cilantro and pulse until finely chopped. You can also cut up each ingredient if you do not have a food processor. It just speeds up the process.
2. Transfer over your finely chopped veggies to a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of garbanzo flour, just enough to cover your veggies. Top off your flour mix with a dash of hot sauce and a pinch of salt & pepper.
3. Preheat your skillet with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil on low heat. DO NOT USE COCONUT OIL ON HIGH HEAT AS IT IS DEEMED TO BE TOXIC AT HIGH TEMPERATURE.
4. Top off your flour mix with a dash of hot sauce and a pinch of salt & pepper. At this point begin to slowly add your water while continuously mixing. Add a little at time as this process can not be undone. If you add to much water add more flour. You are looking to achieve a pancake batter consistency.
5. Once you achieve pancake batter consistency, transfer over to your warm skillet. Try to achieve an omelette so stick to a circle shape but if it doesn't work out you can always opt for scramble "eggs".
6. When you see air bubbles beginning to form its time to flip. Add the other 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to avoid sticking. Cook for 5 min once golden color is achieved. Get ready to eat !
You can enjoy this with a slice of avocado or with a wrap, either way I guarantee you it will be delicious & you'll enjoy breakfast a bit more.