Making your own scrub is easy as can be with this easy to follow recipe. Adjust it to your liking and share your creation with us via social media @bodyvanity.
Things You'll Need
- Brown Cane Sugar
- Coconut Oil (Carrier oil of your choice)
- Botanical of your choice
- Essential oil of your choice
- mixing utensil
- Airtight Jar
- Mix two cup of cane sugar to one cup of the carrier oil of your choice. Mix until fully saturated.
- You can add botanicals of your choice such as lavender, roses, fruit zest any you may have on hand.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil to enhance your bath experience. Lavender is a wonderful scent as it has therapeutical properties and overall helps to relax and improve sleep.
- Store your scrub in an air tight jar. Keep in the fridge if any fruit is used, as it lacks a preservative and can grow mold.
Depending on your oils & essential oils you can use this scrub on your body, face, & even lips to achieve baby smooth skin.
Scrubs help to gently exfoliate the skin through the process of removing dead skin from the surface. The body naturally rids the skin of dead cells and sometimes it just needs a little push to get it to detach from the surface. This sometimes leads to clogged pore and even ingrown hairs. You can add exfoliation to you daily shower routine through the use of a loofah. You can find that here.